XEOMIN BOTOX Treatment
WHAT IS XEOMIN®?
- XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medication injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults.
- XEOMIN® contains botulinum toxin type A, a protein purified from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
HOW DOES XEOMIN® WORK?
- When you squint or frown, the muscles between your eyebrows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold. Over time, as your skin ages and loses some of its elasticity, these repeated contractions can cause persistent frown lines.
- Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in XEOMIN®– acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, XEOMIN® can temporarily reduce the lines between your eyebrows.
IS XEOMIN® PROVEN?
- XEOMIN® was proven effective in two randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled clinical trials of 547 healthy, adult patients. The average age of patients in the study was 46 years. Patients received 20 Units of XEOMIN® and were classified as responders if they had a 2-grade improvement on a 4-point scale as assessed by the physician and patient. Using these criteria, treatment success was higher with XEOMIN® than placebo on Day 30 in both studies (60% and 48% vs. 0% for placebo in both studies). Based on these trials, XEOMIN® received FDA approval for use in glabellar lines in 2011.
HOW DO I KNOW IF XEOMIN® IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- If you are an adult with moderate to severe glabellar lines, XEOMIN® may be right for you. Talk to your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of treatment. Do not take XEOMIN® if you are allergic to botulinum toxin or any of the other ingredients in XEOMIN®. You should also not take XEOMIN® if you have had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
WHAT SHOULD I TELL MY DOCTOR BEFORE TREATMENT?
- Before receiving treatment with XEOMIN®, you should tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including whether you have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves, have allergies to any botulinum toxin product, or have experienced any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past. In addition, tell your doctor about your medical history and all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Especially tell your doctor if you have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months or in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product(s) you received and when you received them.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING TREATMENT?
- During treatment, which usually takes about 10-20 minutes, your doctor will inject XEOMIN® into the muscles in your forehead that cause frown lines between your eyebrows. No anesthesia is required; however, your physician may use a topical anesthetic or cold pack to reduce any discomfort.
WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO SEE RESULTS?
- You may begin to see visible smoothing as early as 3-4 days after injection. The median first onset of effect was less than a week. The maximum effect occurred at 30 days. The typical duration of effect was up to 3 months in clinical trials but may last significantly longer or shorter in individual patients.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF XEOMIN®?
- XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects, including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN® may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or seek medical help right away if you have wheezing, experience other asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
- In clinical trials of XEOMIN® for the treatment of frown lines between the eyebrows, headache was the most common side effect.
- XEOMIN® may cause loss of strength or general muscle weakness, blurred vision, or drooping eyelids within hours to weeks of taking XEOMIN®. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities.
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not subside. These are not all of the possible side effects of XEOMIN®.
ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT LOOKING PLASTIC OR OVERDONE?
- Looking plastic or overdone is a common concern among individuals considering an in-office treatment for moderate to severe frown lines.* Talk to your licensed, trained, healthcare professional. There are steps you can take to make you feel more comfortable. First, have a detailed discussion with your provider. You want to talk through every concern you have, until you feel comfortable. Your provider, who is experienced in facial anatomy, can determine the right options for you. For example, the most widely used procedure for moderate to severe frown lines is neurotoxin injections, a class of prescription medication that has been shown to be effective in many studies. Finally, ask for an FDA-approved product, such as XEOMIN®. Individual results may vary.
Millions of people a year seek non-surgical solutions to sagging skin.
We offer patients the most up to date and effective solution.
Want fast, consistent results with painless and affordable treatments? Want an alternative to surgery – quick, non invasive solutions that can be completed over a lunch break?
Welcome to Viora's skin tightening solutions – the most advanced skin tightening procedure to date.
Viora's skin tightening techniques provide for measurable results, most notably the appearance of firmer and tighter skin. Our treatments are suitable for all body parts and facial areas including jowls, cheeks and forehead, as well the sensitive areas around the eyes, neck and décolleté.
State of the Art Treatments. Viora treatments are clinically proven, safe and painless, with no downtime. Our products allow for a wider range of treatments, we offer a faster and more effective solution.
Innovative Improvements. Viora specializes in improving existing technology, in response to market demands, to enhance customer and patient experiences.
Smarter Products. Viora's V-ST hand piece achieves the skin tightening results you need.
Age Spot Treatments
Are your hands starting your look like your mother's hands? Is your makeup not covering the dark spots on your face completely?
Like it or not, it's just part of being out in the sun….. age spots.
Age or sun spots are caused by an excess amount of melanin being produced in the skin. The result is brown or discolored splotches that often resemble dark freckles. For most people, this is typically caused by the skin simply aging, but it can also be a result of natural sun and UV light exposure outdoors, or even tanning beds. The most common locations for these spots to present include:
- the back of your hands
- along your shoulders
- along your arms
- various areas of your face
While they're usually painless, age spots tend to make skin look older, ruddy and weather-worn than some prefer. Fortunately, modern-day treatment to reduce the appearance of age spots is a way to reverse the hands of time and its impact on your skin.
Fast Treatment With Excellent Results
Lightening and reducing the appearance of age spots is one of the most sought after aesthetic procedures in our office today, and the process couldn't be more simple. Our office uses Viora® for the safest and most effective treatments on the market of age spots, and the results are quite remarkable.
Viora® treatment sessions use IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology to successfully treat uneven skin tones, blotchy appearances, colored patches, and more. One of the newest and most effective treatments on the market, our procedures are exclusively designed to safely, effectively and quickly reduce melanin in the surface layers of the skin, for visibly lighter and more even skin tones. This technology works to deliver remarkably brighter and smooth skin, giving you the most natural-looking results possible.
- Non-invasive treatment
- Results after the first treatment
- Short treatment times
- Safe and painless, with no downtime
- Learn More About Our Age Spot Treatment
Take the next step in improving the appearance of your hands by getting in touch today! We'll answer all your questions about the convenient and easy Viora® IPL treatment and your free consult will give you insight into making age spots a thing of the past.
3 out of 4 teenagers suffer from acne, while young adults and the older generation experience the skin problem as well.
Patients who suffer from acne want to treat their skin quickly, painlessly, and at an affordable price. Today's acne patients are shying away from expensive surgeries and turning to more convenient acne clearance solutions which are non invasive, affordable, and have them in and out over a lunch break.
Viora delivers superior acne clearance results through the use of multiple devices and more effective combination protocols.
Featuring a variety of solutions for acne treatment, Viora's light therapies kill acne bacteria, and decreases inflammation.
State of the Art Treatments. Viora treatments are clinically proven, safe, and painless, with no downtime.
Innovative Improvements. Viora specializes in improving existing technology, in re-sponse to market demands, for the most up to date solutions.
Smarter Products. Our wide range of Viora products work to achieve the acne clear-ance results you need.
Hair reduction is the world's most requested aesthetic treatment. Yet there is no permanent solution to the problem and many painful long-term reduction fixes on the market.
Seeking hair reduction treatments? Want quick, painless, and consistent results? And at an affordable price? Non invasive treatments provide this and more, including the convenience of treatment in less than an hour's time.
Featuring a wide variety of products and combination treatments, Viora's IPL treatments are the most effective to date.
Through the use of leading photo-therapy technology, we offer a significant reduction in hair growth at the beginning stages of treatment.
State of the Art Treatments. Viora treatments are clinically proven, safe and painless, with no downtime. Our products allow for a wider range of treatments, we offer a faster, better, and more effective solution.
Innovative Improvements. Viora specializes in improving existing technology, in response to market demands, for the most up-to-date solutions.
Our skin is exposed to everything, including the sun, wind, and other harsh elements and conditions, including simply time. What some call "laugh lines" can become features in our face we're not exactly happy about. Over time, these lines and wrinkles can make us appear older or more tired than we are.
Juvéderm® is our dermal treatment of choice. It can help improve the condition of your skin, and seemingly reverse the clock. Your skin's folds will soften and those fine lines can become a thing of the past. Other uses for Juvéderm® include:
- plumping of the lips
- filling in some hollow or scar areas of the face
- removing nasolabial folds (found around the nose)